1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

    If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

    Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

    Dismiss Notice

Are Student Teachers insured while going on school trips?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by jaberim77, Mar 15, 2011.

  1. I get mixed opinions about this. The regular channels don't help any. So is there official information or guidelines from the government regarding this? it would be greatly appreciated. Thanx
  2. Normally student teachers will be covered by provider insurance while on placement but this may not (usually does not) extend to school trips. Schools who would arrange insurnce for their teachers and others who go on school trips should be able to include a student who would be acting as a responsible adult supervising children on a school trip. Your first port of call would be to seek advice from the school about their insurance arrangements.

Share This Page