1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are going to go to war with Iran?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by keyboard2, Jul 11, 2019.

1. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Yawn, yawn, yawn...Peacenik? Nope - you are a Trump lover which makes you a
    [This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]. The sort of person we really don't need in this country, TBH. (But unlike your idol I wouldn't lock you up in a concentration camp or ban you from entering the country... just because of who you are).

Oh and 'shilling for the Mullahs' - If you knew anything at all, you'd know how far out that is. But you don't...

[This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

2. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

They found these guys though.

3. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

The US has conducted a number of operations in Somalia, although "invaded" might not be the most appropriate word since they were in co-operation with the UN.

The most famous incident being in 1993 when during a raid in Mogadishu during which they lost two Black Hawks and sadly eight soldiers. Many other troops were pinned down before being rescued by UN soldiers from Pakistan.

FrankWolley likes this.
  4. NoseyMatronType

NoseyMatronType Lead commenter

Just to add to what I wrote about Trump towards the end of my previous post, this older article also serves as a reminder of his past incompetence:

https://www.indiewire.com/2017/02/d...vel-ban-iranian-films-open-letter-1201778834/

Still, I can't imagine Trump even comprehending, let-alone deriving any enjoyment from the cinema of someone like Jafar Panahi (who is a sort of Iranian Ken Loach/Mike Leigh) given that at a recent social event, a rather illustrious American that I met there confirmed that the President gets things explained to him at White House briefings pretty much in baby-talk, through the medium of simplistic power-points.

As an aside, human brain-munching* Iranian US author Reza Aslan has a book coming out shortly on Howard Conklin Baskerville, the only American citizen to have died fighting for democracy in Iran. While he is an incredibly well-known figure in Iran, recognized as a martyr for freedom, Baskerville and his story remain virtually unknown in America.

Could be interesting.

*Google for the back-story.

5. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Except that Greenpeace isn't and Iran is and because Iran and Greenpeace are in no way comparable?

6. scienceteachasghost

scienceteachasghost Lead commenter

Use of nukes would be MAD (mutually assured destruction.) All leaders with a nuke or several know this. Checkmate for both sides.
    If one gets launched, it will be through an irrational loss of temper. Even Trump is hopefully not that stupid.

7. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

"Invaded" would definitely not be the most appropriate word, since the US was under UN mandate to try to stop Somali warlords from starving other Somalis to death by stealing the food aid the world had sent to Somali to alleviate the famine the Somalis had created through their own infighting.

8. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Now you want me deported, Frank? You lovely little man.

9. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

He literally didn't say that at all, but ok.

FrankWolley likes this.
  10. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

Wouldn't want a little thing like the truth to get in the way when slating the UK's major ally.;)

FrankWolley likes this.
  11. FrankWolley

You do have difficulty in reading, don't you. Is that always a problem for trolls? Or is it basic comprehension?o_O

HERE IS WHAT I SAID:

"The sort of person we really don't need in this country, TBH. (But unlike your idol I wouldn't lock you up in a concentration camp or ban you from entering the country... just because of who you are)".

Now, as I was once upon a time a SENCO, can you see I've made it easy for you by putting the key point in bold.

It's OK, BTW, I'll take your thanks as read...:D

12. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Nice evasion effort, Frank, but no cigar. It's true that your inability to express yourself clearly (let alone without personal abuse) has tripped you up before but I think this is pretty clear. Having used 'you' twice in the previous sentence, kindly enlighten me about to whom 'the sort of person' refers?
    you are a Trump lover which makes you a supporter of misogyny and racism. The sort of person we really don't need in this country,TBH.

13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Oh look ... you've constructed a strawman and attacked it.

What an original tactic.

14. FrankWolley

I think it's pretty obvious that ArtTrumpfanboy actually constructed himself...;)

15. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Donald Trump abandoned the Iran nuclear deal to spite Barack Obama, according to a leaked memo written by the UK's former ambassador to the US.

Sir Kim Darroch described the move as an act of "diplomatic vandalism", according to the Mail on Sunday.

It says the memo was written after the then Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson appealed to the US in 2018 to stick with the nuclear deal.

Under that agreement Iran agreed to limit its sensitive nuclear activities.

It would also allow in international inspectors in return for the lifting of crippling economic sanctions.

However, President Trump did not think that the deal went far enough.

The newspaper reports that after Mr Johnson returned to the UK from the US, Sir Kim wrote that President Trump appeared to be abandoning the nuclear deal for "personality reasons" because the pact had been agreed by his predecessor, Barack Obama.

16. FrankWolley

Personal abuse is clearly your schtick, old fruit. Along with an uncanny inability to understand plain English. :D

Never mind, I'd blame the US education system, if I were you...o_O

PS Isn't deliberately misquoting against T&Cs?;) Not the first time you've done that, of course. Starting to think it's a deliberate tactic...

17. FrankWolley

Spot on, Sir Kim...

18. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Yes, although he hardly needed to give a secret report of what journalists around the world were widely publishing in the news at the time; e.g.

Shredding the Obama legacy

19. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

When I've called you dumb, Frank, it's because I think you've said dumb things. I've also said you express yourself poorly, because you do. But I don't think I've used the kind of language you've used toward me. And I quoted your exact words. Since you didn't answer my question, I'll ask you again:
    Having used 'you' twice in the previous sentence, kindly enlighten me about to whom 'the sort of person' refers?
    you are a Trump lover which makes you a supporter of misogyny and racism. The sort of person we really don't need in this country,TBH.

20. ally4london

ally4london New commenter

Well spotted mate. Edging and hedging are totally unrelated.