1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are going to go to war with Iran?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by keyboard2, Jul 11, 2019.

1. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Be interesting to hear artboy's view on this litany of aggression, mixed in with a fair bit of incompetence... ;)

2. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

This is where high flown philosophies can come croppers. At the moment I not convinced that war is a good idea. The sabre wavers rarely put themselves in the front line.

3. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I love an accurate definition.

emerald52 likes this.
  4. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

Hey I have an answer to all this. If Iran stops trying to build Nuclear weapons and stops interfering with international shipping there wouldn't be a problem.

5. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

Not me but if you were consistent that is exactly what you should be asking for given the way the US acts. Far worse than Iran that's for sure.

6. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

The UK builds nuclear weapons and interferes with shipping. I expect you would not complain if Russia or China were to attack the UK because of it.

Building nuclear weapons and interfering with shipping is obviously a crime and such a crime should be paid for by waging war on the country that perpetrates it. Is this your position?

7. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

It would seem you are happy to let anyone just build a nuclear weapon,and then ,when they feel its right give one to some power ,Not so long ago ISIS was seeking to buy a nuclear device,Thats okay then?

8. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

ISIS are a group of terrorists. Iran is a nation. If the UK can have nuclear weapons why not Iran?

9. Oscillatingass

Actually interfering with international shipping is a crime and building nuclear weapons in an unstable region like the Middle East is frankly terrifying.
    No one in their right mind wants a war. I am so sick to death of the tedious and predictable; oppressor v oppressed narrative perpetuated by people like you.

10. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Because Iran's leaders have repeatedly declared that Israel should "be wiped from the map". All of Iran's neighbours are alarmed at Iran's aggressive regional policy which they feel can only result in the already volatile middle east becoming badly destabilized.

Iran is a major supporter of state terrorism, encouraging Hezbollah, Hamas and other terrorist groups, and it sponsors rebel insurgents in Yemen. Bad as this is, it would all become many times more threatening if Iran became a nuclear power.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  11. Oscillatingass

Because Iran is a rather nasty theocracy whereas the UK is a Democracy although imperfect. If you think the two systems are equally valid there is no point in continuing this discussion.

12. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

America is always threatening to attack other countries. Using your logic they too should not be allowed nuclear weapons. When it comes to aggression the US can't be beaten.

13. Oscillatingass

Florian, it seems to me that Cuddles must be a troll as no reasonable person could hold these views.

14. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

So being a democracy determines whether you have nuclear weapons or not? You think the UK is a democracy do you? You must have been sleeping through Brexit.

15. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

Anyone who doesn't agree with you is a troll? Also anyone who doesn't agree with you is unreasonable?

So much for the art of debate.

16. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

Probably because you know it is the truth and have no intelligent counter argument.

17. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

You should tell the Chinese.

18. Oscillatingass

No it is just that your assertions are so absurd and naieve I am struggling to believe they can be seriously meant.

19. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

Tell them what? I am not arguing that they should not have nuclear weapons. I am asking why Iran should not have them. So far arguments offered are unconvincing.

20. cuddlesB4

cuddlesB4 New commenter

Absurd and naive? Should be easy to win the debate then rather than just name call.