1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are free resources automatically available in the states ?

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by John1917, Mar 31, 2016.

1. John1917

John1917 New commenter

I noticed a United Kingdom / United States selection option at the bottom of the resources page. When selecting United states, totally different interface, I see some of my free resources listed there.

Is the create US version option only for premium uploads, or resources with language issues. I only put up Chemistry resources so its reasonably universal.

still waiting for feedback from people who have downloaded these resources .... It seems teachers are reluctant to give any!

2. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Hi @John1917 ,

You can upload free resources to the US site, but you have to login to that interface and use that "Upload Resources" option. Sometimes there is a glitch when you log back into the UK site , requiring you to fill out your profile again.

3. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

Because my resources are for the kids with language delay/impairment in particular rather than a school subject, I have a blog to highlight them. They are stored on TES. I follow the links to my resources which come via my blog. Even though there are some separate TES sites abroad, I don't think it stops people from all over the world accessing the free (and presumably the paid-for) resources. Many times I have to admit that I get views from countries I can't quite place like the -stans... It is completely fascinating being able to 'watch' the people who arrive via the search engines (usually 50+ per day from about 5-10 countries) - and what they enter in the search box to get there.

4. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

When the US resources first appeared, we were asked if we wanted to have US versions created, but mine weren't all created - those with links as resources were skipped, for example.

I've noticed that foreign reviewers are less generous with their stars - I think it's probably more the case that those from the UK are over-generous, but it can make your resources look worse if they have lots of reviews from overseas.