1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are changes being applied already?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by chalkmistress, Feb 9, 2012.

1. I approached my head about applying for post threashold pay and was told I couldn't as it's all being changed. I was given a copy of the lastest gov info, which is all about how they are reviewing the system, with the aim of introducing the Master Teacher status. Am I correct in thinking that these are only proposals and that the current threashold pay systen is still in place? If so, surely I can still apply for post threashold pay?

2. coppull

coppull New commenter

You are quite correct.
    Why are you applying via the HT ? This process is automatic via PM. Is the school carrying at PM process?
    If you are in an Academy this answer may not apply to your situation.

3. I don't think it is automatic at all. Teachers still have to apply and can be refused by their school.

4. Thanks for help & advice.
    If it is an automatic process I should have been put forward for this years ago. Is there a possibilbity I could get it back dated?
    What is PM - professional management?

5. Morninglover

Morninglover Lead commenter

'Performance Management' - if you are in a state school you should have been under this all through your time at the school...

6. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

As I pointed out, it is not automatic, so I am afraid not. The question about whether backdating should apply when the move is from UPS1 to UPS2 or UPS2 to UPS3 (which should be considered automatically) is still open; I wish the unions would look into it.