1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are BJ and Trump Racist?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Easyasabc, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Easyasabc

Easyasabc Occasional commenter

Has the world got more racist? Johnson hates burquas and Trump has been in trouble for some time..

What is going on with our leaders?

2. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Are BJ and Trump Racist? Do bears defecate amongst trees?

[​IMG]

3. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

Brave women all over the middle-east choose to wear them to show their opposition to Johnson.

T34, artboyusa, sodalime and 2 others like this.
  4. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

Really? I thought they wore them because either they were repressed and bullied by men or for religious reasons.

Easyasabc and lexus300 like this.
  5. LondonCanary

Brave anti-Trump women wear pink cat hats
    Brave anti-Johnson women wear burqas. I look forward to thousands of privileged white women adopting the burqa in protest until the end of the Johnson premiership.

sodalime and alex_teccy like this.
  6. peakster

peakster Star commenter

are mps subversive ?

Easyasabc likes this.
  7. LondonCanary

Like Adam Peaty?

8. Oscillatingass

What like all MPs?

Easyasabc likes this.
  9. Oscillatingass

Or just the ones you don't like?

10. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Established commenter

Seems politicians cannot win regardless of approach. A few months ago many politicians in all parties wanted to ban the burqa, now its celebrated as their right. There is no comparison between johnson pontificating and Trump slagging everyone off, often without caring who or what they are/represent.

Easyasabc and alex_teccy like this.
  11. LondonCanary

If you hate the burqa, you are a racist. See OP for details.

12. burajda

burajda Star commenter

I think it was the niqab that Boris hates. letter box and all that.
    But as it has been pointed by out easyasbac, Leavers are not against wider multiculturalism.

Easyasabc and alex_teccy like this.
  13. jenny_talwarts

jenny_talwarts New commenter

Boris defended the right of women to wear burkas. Emily Thornberry (Lady Nugee) said she would ban them.
    Get your facts right.

Trump is an odious racist. But we need to continue to trade with our largest trading partner, despite him.

alex_teccy likes this.
  14. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy New commenter

If BJ hates the niqab then I'm with him, and with anybody else who feels the same.

I hate anything that prevents equality of opportunity, or that demeans or denigrates any section of society, for no rational reason.

Expecting females to cover themselves so as to avoid attracting men is as bizarre, in the 21st century, as refusing to let them drive, or vote, or go to school. It's as bizarre as forbidding priests to be married. It's as bizarre as forcing left-handed children to write with their right hand. It's as bizarre as burning senile old ladies as witches.

These ideas are relics of past stupidity, ignorance and discrimination which we should now have put firmly behind us.

15. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Yes, they are racist.

Obviously.

Trump in a more sinister way than Johnson's stupid buffoonish way.

16. peakster

peakster Star commenter

London Canary

That's subversive you damp fool - not submersive.

sodalime and MAGAorMIGA like this.
  17. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

The burka is banned in France, Belgium, Austria, Denmark, Latvia, Bulgaria, the Netherlands, China, Morocco, Tunisia, Sri Lanka and several other countries. However, Boris didn't hate it - it was the niqab that he thought looked like a postbox - and even then he defended the right of women to wear what they want.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  18. burajda

burajda Star commenter

I think it is Congress that deals with matters of International Trade, not the President. But Trump does like to be seen signing important documents with his big black crayons

Easyasabc likes this.
  19. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy New commenter

It's interesting that you state that. I hear it and see it often as I wander through the net, but I have never yet managed to find a specific quote by him that would indicate that he would discriminate against someone simply because of their race or skin-colour.

The same goes, actually, for Boris Johnson. But I'm prepared to be proven wrong.

It's an easy label to apply against people with whom one disagrees, of course.

lexus300, alex_teccy and Easyasabc like this.
  20. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Try harder.

monicabilongame likes this.