1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are APPs compulsory?

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by nicolabrown101, Feb 27, 2012.

1. nicolabrown101

nicolabrown101 New commenter

We currently do the normal APP sheets in Literacy and Maths however a number of our teachers did not like the format or the fact that the statements did not link to actual NC levels. They have therefore designed their own assessment sheets based on NC levels which they use with the whole class. They still collect evidence in the same way as normal APP. A lot of our staff are now also wanting to switch to these assessment sheets. Is this allowed or is APP compulsory? What would OFSTEDs views be? I would appreciate your advice!

2. nicolabrown101

We currently do the normal APP sheets in Literacy and Maths however a number of our teachers did not like the format or the fact that the statements did not link to actual NC levels. They have therefore designed their own assessment sheets based on NC levels which they use with the whole class. They still collect evidence in the same way as normal APP. A lot of our staff are now also wanting to switch to these assessment sheets. Is this allowed or is APP compulsory? What would OFSTEDs views be? I would appreciate your advice!

3. DM

DM New commenter

APP was non-statutory. When the Coalition Government came in, they abolished QCDA and made it abundantly clear they had no interest in APP. Ofsted are not remotely interested in it either.

4. nicolabrown101

Thank you! That was the answer I was hoping for.