1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Are all HT's aware of their 'special responsibility'

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by a19pb, Nov 8, 2008.

1. bed

bed New commenter

Just popped in - haven't read it all - I don't have time - teaching ht in a v small school in sm.

Where do you find the time to write all this stuff? And research it all?

I cant be the only one who wonders!

2. grrmummy

grrmummy New commenter

And hello from me too - it is good to see you back. I rarely post these days (i'd like to say it is all out of my systme but it's not - I don't think you ever fully recover from bullying/victimisation) but I am very glad to see the justice flag is still flying.

3. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Thanks a19pb. I read your posts and your information and it really helped me. I hope I will recover from the bullying and victimisation although no one believes me which, in a way, makes it harder.

4. FabulousPoodle

FabulousPoodle New commenter

Sadly, too true!

5. bed

bed New commenter

I wonder how many head teachers are bullied, intimidated, belittled, harassed, victims of aggressive and passive-aggressive behaviour?

6. nomad

nomad Star commenter

More than you might suspect, Bed.

7. bed

bed New commenter

Many more than anyone will ever count because we put up with lots of things because they are 'challenging' and 'part of the job'.

And those things include behaviour from others including governors, parents and dare I say it .... Staff that would not be countenanced in other workplaces

8. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

Plenty. I personally know of a secondary head, with whom I worked when she was a deputy, that I would have followed to hell and back. We dragged a school through SM together. She was bullied out of her headship by cliques of staff and long-standing governors who resisted her efforts to change the regime.

I have also known Heads bullied by the local authority.

Neither of those examples diminishes the information supplied by a19pb on bullying. Whoever the target is, they need our support.

9. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I too have known two head teachers who have been bullied and hounded out of their posts. I wonder what it says about me that I rated them both very highly and liked them very much as people?..