1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Archaeology Club

Discussion in 'Primary' started by BraveSirRobin, Dec 20, 2011.

1. I'm going to be starting an archaeology club in the Spring term for Y5/6. Already have a few ideas, but would be eternally grateful to ideas or support from anybody who has done anything similar!

2. I'm going to be starting an archaeology club in the Spring term for Y5/6. Already have a few ideas, but would be eternally grateful to ideas or support from anybody who has done anything similar!

3. Great plan. One of my students brought in a kit for excavating a Roman sundial. We were studying Roman history and culture. It involved the painstaking removal of clay-like substance and using small pointed wooden tools to do so. After that long process, the student had to reconstruct the sundial with glue then show others how to tell time with it.
    It was very authentic in the proces of preserving the details and parts of the sundial.
    The student said the kit was a birthday present from her father. I'm sure you could find these authentic kits to get you started to excite the students' interests. Best of luck.
    Happy Holidays!