1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ARABIC MFL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by nussi, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Is there anybody who teaches arabic as the mfl in school or is planning to do so ???? im willing to compare ideas and get all mind chugging along like a train lol

2. I am training to be a MFL teacher at the moment in French and German, but my degree actually was in Arabic. I hope to be able to offer it one day, were the opportunity to present itself. I have a number of ideas, and indeed some concerns, about the the teaching of Arabic. Feel free to contact me.
    Daniel.

3. well i teach arabic in primary so all and any ideas would be mr them welcome.

4. I wish there was a GCSE revision guide with CD just like you get for French, German etc., so those trying to sit the GCSE Arabic (as a heritage language, for example), had something to work through independently. The GCSE exists so where are the resources???
    Thanks to the earlier poster for the websites, by the way. I am looking for more GCSE-related materials.

5. How many candidates are there for GCSE Arabic? If the number is very small then no publisher will be interested as the market is too small.
    So it would need teachers of Arabic to get together to produce and circulate the materials.
    Do any of the embassies of arabic speaking countries promote the language in this country? Is there an institute for Arabic with branches in this country? Either of these sources could be lobbied to produce materials or financial support for teachers working collaboratively to produce materials.
    Is there an association of Arabic teachers in the UK/? If not perhaps it would be a good idea to form one.