1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Year plan

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by paulandjulia2011, Jul 6, 2015.

1. paulandjulia2011

paulandjulia2011 New commenter

Hello,

I'm not an NQT but it's my first year teaching GCSE drama and I'm the only one at my school doing it. The old HOD has given me a few things, but she's retiring and a lot of what she did is in her head.

I'm worried about pacing and getting in enough to prepare for the end of year 11. Does anyone have a year plan calendar I could look at to see how many CAs and how long you spend on each is. I've looked in the resources section, but mostly it sees to be individual SOWs.

I'm just very worried about the 11's I'm taking over and that they've got the right prep from me for the exam.

2. Retro Bates

Retro Bates New commenter

My advice would be to keep a focus on the written exam throughout the course for each practical unit. Don't cram the written work in at the end of each unit, or, as some do, wait until Easter to cover it in depth.

To successfully answer Section B a script must be studied in detail. Consider using a play script they study in English. Not just a passing read and a section performed. Similarly if doing Section C (live production) the script of the play you see should be studied.

I hope this helps a little

Good luck.