1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Year 12 observation

Discussion in 'Music' started by princess_moose, Jan 11, 2012.

1. I have an observation coming up with year 12 and am looking for any inspirational ideas! I'm obviously not doing composition as it's a controlled assessment. My dilemmas are between doing work on the Beethoven set work or their performances. Performances would give scope for lots of mini plenaries (that's what they want) and differentiation by 'task' so to speak, but I also need to get some of them to actually learn stuff about the Beethoven! I have a group of 3 - VERY mixed ability. One is a fantastic popular musician who graspes all of the new 'classical' concepts and terms very well, one cannot retain any information and his essays do not get above 1/20, he cannot seem to understand the basic musical elements! The other is sort of in the middle!
    Help!

2. I have an observation coming up with year 12 and am looking for any inspirational ideas! I'm obviously not doing composition as it's a controlled assessment. My dilemmas are between doing work on the Beethoven set work or their performances. Performances would give scope for lots of mini plenaries (that's what they want) and differentiation by 'task' so to speak, but I also need to get some of them to actually learn stuff about the Beethoven! I have a group of 3 - VERY mixed ability. One is a fantastic popular musician who graspes all of the new 'classical' concepts and terms very well, one cannot retain any information and his essays do not get above 1/20, he cannot seem to understand the basic musical elements! The other is sort of in the middle!
    Help!