1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Unit Award Scheme

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by PMS173, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Can anyone help me with the units for AQA Unit Award Scheme in ICT? I am a supply teacher and will be starting in a special school after half term, where I will be teaching this. I thought the best thing would be to start with an audit of the students abilities, but I would like to map them to the actual units and the AQA site is useless. I can't get hold of any information from the school, the IT teacher at the school is off work, which is why I have been brought in.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

2. Can anyone help me with the units for AQA Unit Award Scheme in ICT? I am a supply teacher and will be starting in a special school after half term, where I will be teaching this. I thought the best thing would be to start with an audit of the students abilities, but I would like to map them to the actual units and the AQA site is useless. I can't get hold of any information from the school, the IT teacher at the school is off work, which is why I have been brought in.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

3. Can't offer much help - sorry! I use Unit Awards too and find them very difficult to find on the site as it depends on what someone else has called them! I found that I had to really be creative in what I searched for.
    I hope you manage to get sorted and good luck!

4. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

Have you looked at the AQA entry level certificate specs?

Each module of the ELC can be entered as an individual AQA unit. Together they provide a good basis for a course. You can then adjust them or add other units (ones you find or write yourself to fill the gaps or lower the levels ) to include all your pupils.

http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/elc/ict/ict_noticeboard.php

5. i have taught these before, he unit awards themselfs are really easy and you just need to look at the aa website print of a unit and do as it says on the tin (they are a little difficult to find though as you have to go to the entry level then click on the word units or something, i remember it wasn't obvious).
    If you want to do it right and add them up to be an entry level it gets more complex as some units are compulsory and then you can pik a few more. Pretty sure it's all explained on the website though?
    ta s