1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Unit 3- Significance of Shakespeare and Literary Heritage resource uploaded

Discussion in 'English' started by diamond_raindrops, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Hello all, I have just uploaded a booklet I have done with my year 10s based on the AQA Shakespeare Controlled Assessment. I compare the futile nature of conflict in Romeo and Juliet with a range of conflict poetry (not all from the new Anthology). The booklet I have uploaded allows them to analyse 4 unseen poems and then write about Futility. (The unseen poetry practise helps them to prepare for the Unit 2 Section B exam.) They can use their essay/ideas from this activity to go with their Romeo and Juliet study.
    The key areas of conflict in Romeo and Juliet are-
    • Opening
    • Mercutio's Death
    • Death of R&J near the end.
    And you can use the film for your analysis! [​IMG] It keeps this task quite brief and the title of the task can be adapted to fit in with character, etc. when the task banks change.
    http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Unseen-poetry-Assessment-3-hour-task-6103746/
    Hope you find it useful.

2. Hello all, I have just uploaded a booklet I have done with my year 10s based on the AQA Shakespeare Controlled Assessment. I compare the futile nature of conflict in Romeo and Juliet with a range of conflict poetry (not all from the new Anthology). The booklet I have uploaded allows them to analyse 4 unseen poems and then write about Futility. (The unseen poetry practise helps them to prepare for the Unit 2 Section B exam.) They can use their essay/ideas from this activity to go with their Romeo and Juliet study.
    The key areas of conflict in Romeo and Juliet are-
    • Opening
    • Mercutio's Death
    • Death of R&J near the end.
    And you can use the film for your analysis! [​IMG] It keeps this task quite brief and the title of the task can be adapted to fit in with character, etc. when the task banks change.
    https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Unseen-poetry-Assessment-3-hour-task-6103746/
    Hope you find it useful.

3. Hi,
    How did you get on with this? I'm planning to do something similar and will gladly use your resources and forward any I create. I didn't think I'd be so nervous about these controlled assessments but feel so much better when I speak to colleagues who are sharing the experience.
    Thanks,
    Cariadbelle