1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Unit 2

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Bridezilla12, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Morning,
    Looking for some advice with regard to the practical extracts students have to perform for unit 2 of the AS AQA course.
    I am new to teaching this and so forgive me if i am incorrect on anything! [​IMG]
    I have a group of 5 students, which i would like to group as 3 females and then 1 male and 1 female together.
    We have studied Stanislavski as our chosen practitioner and now need to start their chosen plays.
    My groups have chosen 'Be My Baby' (taking on the roles of Matron, Queenie and Mary) and 'The Crucible' (taking on the role of Proctor and Elizabeth.)
    Although i like the choices i am fearful that the extracts they can use are just not long enough. Am i right in thinking both groups need to perform for 15/20 minutes each?
    Any advice and or alternative plays would be great! The groups perform at the end of May and so need to get started. Unfortunately my students arent particular motivated when asked to look at plays.
    Thank you in advance for any help.
    Bridezilla [​IMG]

2. Morning,
    Looking for some advice with regard to the practical extracts students have to perform for unit 2 of the AS AQA course.
    I am new to teaching this and so forgive me if i am incorrect on anything! [​IMG]
    I have a group of 5 students, which i would like to group as 3 females and then 1 male and 1 female together.
    We have studied Stanislavski as our chosen practitioner and now need to start their chosen plays.
    My groups have chosen 'Be My Baby' (taking on the roles of Matron, Queenie and Mary) and 'The Crucible' (taking on the role of Proctor and Elizabeth.)
    Although i like the choices i am fearful that the extracts they can use are just not long enough. Am i right in thinking both groups need to perform for 15/20 minutes each?
    Any advice and or alternative plays would be great! The groups perform at the end of May and so need to get started. Unfortunately my students arent particular motivated when asked to look at plays.
    Thank you in advance for any help.
    Bridezilla [​IMG]

3. Smaller groups are to work to the lower limits of the time allowed - but a good performance (and i mean very good) can get away with longer in my experience! Be very careful when selecting Stan as the practitioner influence - everything they do needs to be set naturalstically - down to the set used. advice we had at meetings if choosing Stan was to be very precise or be penalised