1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Tsarist and Communist Russia - Today's exam...

Discussion in 'History' started by jecannon101, Jun 6, 2018.

1. jecannon101

jecannon101 New commenter

Evening all,

Does anyone have any thoughts on today's exam? Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

I didn't think the extracts question was too bad, but question 3 was a toughie. Questions 2 and 4 ok...

2. sharon1808

sharon1808 New commenter

I thought 4 was harder for those that spent time (perhaps panic time) getting a grip on Feb/Oct, the PG, Civil War, consolidation of power, War communism, NEP, Stalin's rise to top - I could go on, but the absolute core stuff, only to see none of it on there. As a reflection of what have they got from two years studying Russia, based on those questions? Seemed narrow and a tad uninspiring. Yes mine could answer 4, if they were able to select and deploy in the time constraints - but I really thought it was unnecessarily tough and did not allow the ability to show off that last years's paper did. As for 3 - ridiculous. Yes, we'd covered it all, thinking it might appear as part of a social question generally, but not that it would come up as a 25 marker in its own right! Women warrant a paragraph in H&S textbook and young people one lesson on the SoW. Considering that they have such a narrow scope with the question amount as it is, to make it that potentially awkward just seems unfair on 17 and 18 year olds. It didn't feel as a breadth exam should. I am annoyed on their behalf.