1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Synergy - anyone running this course?

Discussion in 'Science' started by jeanclarke70, Oct 27, 2017.

1. jeanclarke70

jeanclarke70 New commenter

I work in a special school and Synergy seems the best fit for my students. Unfortunately there seems to be very little uptake in this course. Is there anyone else teaching Synergy rather than Separate or Trilogy for sharing ideas etc? I am a department of 1, so no one to share ideas with.

Thanks for any help you can give or suggest someone to contact.

2. fiendishlyclever

fiendishlyclever Occasional commenter

We are a special school and decided to do ELC followed by single biology GCSE. Governors felt this was the best compromise to afford putting too much pressure on our students.

3. particlezoo

particlezoo New commenter

Hiya

Have you booked yourself into a hub meeting? AQA run them throughout the year in lots of different locations. They usually have a list of things to talk about but it could be a good place for you to network with other teachers.

jeanclarke70 likes this.
  4. hephelumps

hephelumps New commenter

We are running the Synergy, Trilogy and Triple courses. The lowest ability students taking the Synergy (approx 60). Would love to hear from anyone else running the Synergy as resources are very limited and have ended up making resources from scratch to suit the specification. We have split the course into its separate Biology, Chemistry and Physics for teaching and would be interested to hear what others have done.