1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Spec A Controlled Assessment

Discussion in 'Geography' started by CuteBlueeyes, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Hi Geography_85

What is your email address and I will email you what I have been doing.

2. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

I'm in a similar predicament - I moved to a school this year and have had to pick this spec up having never taught it before. My current Y11s CA is all over the place. There are huge gaps in their work with whole sections missing! I'm trying to formulate a very structured way for the current Y10 to complete their CAs in the Summer Term. If anybody has a rought outline or SOW, I would love to see it if at all possible.

3. what your email address egyptgirl and I will try and help

4. I have picked up a CA planning guide - its a student book but I have found it quite difficult. Also, if you let me know your email address I will forward you something that was given to me to help guide the pupils.

5. Hi

We are an outdoor education centre where our main business is field studies. We work with many schools from a variety of areas who travel to us, stay 2 nights and complete their controlled assessment investigation with us. We currently have a group here this week who are doing the same syllabus. Our GCSE controlled assessment programme incorporates a range of data collection techniques and surveys. Our tutors take the groups out for the day, then back to the classrooms in the evenings to look at writing an introduction and ways to present the data they have found.

To give you a bit of info on our centre, we are situated in Swanage, Dorset. Our centre is a short walk from Old Harry's Rock, just 5 minutes from the beach where there are coastal defences to prevent long shore drift and just 15 minutes from the town centre where we look at the impacts of tourism. We are just a short coach ride from Lulworth Cove also. If you are interested, visit our website www.allnatt.co.uk to request a brochure or give us a call. I hope we can help you out.