1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Speaking test: task not required by moderator if no TPF?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Dunteachin, May 10, 2011.

1. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Have I interpreted this correctly? If you look on the reverse of the candidate record form for the GCSE Speaking assessment, it says: "Was a Task Planning Form used for the recorded task? Yes/No" Then underneath "If so, please confirm that you have submitted a copy of the task..."
    Does that mean you don't have to submit the task if there isn't a TPF? In that case, how would they know if all the bullet points have been covered or not?
    I'm going to send the task anyway.

2. I noticed this too and I think it might be a misprint for "If no, please confirm...." In any case as you say, they'll need the task to be able to mark it properly.

3. I understood it to mean, if you ticked YES to say they used a task planning form then you must submit the task planning form.
    Just received my sample today-took ages to get everything prepared to send off.

4. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

See link on this page on AQA website for checklist of what to send the examiner:
    http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcses/languages/new/german_overview.php?id=08&prev=08
    Tasks must be sent to examiner and this must include all of the 'unexpected questions'. The task is the list of bullet points.
    The task planning sheet is something different, this is the prompt sheet completed by pupils as an option. If completed by the pupil, it must be sent with the recording.

5. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

I know what to send; I think you missed the point I was making.

6. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

Oops sorry, must have been tired.