1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Speaking Moderation

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by johnsmith_french35, May 6, 2012.

1. Hello, we've sent forward the marks for the speaking assessments which were fortunately quite good this year. However, the we're in a bit of a panic because one of my teacher friends at another school said that they had to record each candidate on a webcam (have a video recording of the speaking assessment taking place) as well as an audio recording of the assessment.
    We haven't done a video recording for any of the candidates; is this compulsory? Does AQA accept video recordings of the assessment and moderate them, even though it isn't compulsory?
    Thanks in advance; I hope this is okay!

2. This is for the AQA GCSE spec. by the way (from 2009)

3. I think that someone is winding you up!

4. LadyPsyche

LadyPsyche New commenter

Videos are necessary if two or more pupils feature on one recording - ie instead of you questioning a pupil, two pupils have a discussion. Otherwise good old MP3 Files should be just fine. We do not video.

5. gsglover

gsglover Occasional commenter

Absolutely no need to video

6. So, would AQA accept the video recordings for moderation that the school has recorded? Just wondering..

7. chriszwinter1

chriszwinter1 New commenter

Send them an email to mfl-n@aqa.org.uk, but I agree that this is a wind-up. AQA accepts cassettes, cd's and memory sticks. There is no requirement for videos.