1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Spanish Unit 3

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by SmellyEl, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Can anyone explain why I can't find a full breakdown of marks on E-AQA for the speaking whereas I can for the writing? Or an I just looking in the wrong place?

2. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Nope, they never give them. That was a massive bugbear for me last year and it still makes me angry thinking about it, as it wouldn't be rocket science to share them, particularly if (like in our case) you ask for a re-mark, and then a re-mark of the re-mark, as the grade is still blatantly wrong and you have no idea why. [​IMG]

3. chriszwinter

chriszwinter New commenter

This explanation was offered when the matter was raised in November last year at examiner training for German speaking. For the listening, reading and writing papers at both AS and A2 the marking is done online, so the marks are simply collected online. The marks for the speaking tests are entered manually and therefore don't appear online. You can have those individual marks, but it will cost you £4 per candidate to have a photocopy of the STMS form returned to you.
    I should add that the reaction to the explanation was one of undisguised derision.