1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Resistant Materials preliminary material 2016

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by heidiyoung86, Apr 18, 2016.

1. heidiyoung86

heidiyoung86 New commenter

Does anyone have ideas about the Resistant Materials GCSE Section A this year? The preliminary material is "the needs of the elderly when gardening". My best guess is ergonomic handles for gardening tools, so we've been looking at arthritis and how it restricts movement. I don't want to narrow their revision/preparation down too much though in case I'm wrong! What do other people think?

2. splinters

splinters Established commenter

Portability, adaptability, modular designs, demographics, inclusive design....

3. katmasters4

katmasters4 New commenter

Hi
    teachers in Lincolnshire are coming together to meet at the National Centre for Craft and Design to share resources and ideas. The centre is working with teachers to provide free/cost effective teacher CPD and student workshops to help with the demands of the new curriculum. For their year ahead programme but if you want to talk to someone in learning the contact email is learning@nationalcraftanddesign.