1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA RELIGIOUS STUDIES B

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by smiffs, Jun 25, 2011.

1. what are CTL and NTI?
    anyway, been with AQA for donkey's years and like them. do syll b and its fine, really much better after the changes a couple of years ago. we do units 2 and 3, using the nelson thornes textbooks and our own stuff.

2. fm1981

fm1981 New commenter

Yeah - AQA rocks. We do Spec B unit 5. I really can't explain how passionate and enthusiastic about unit 5 i am. It really is the best from all the specs that i ve done over the past two years (iv done OCR, Edexcel and AQA Spec b Unit 2) but uni 5 'Religious Expression through society' is sooooooooooooooo amazing to get the most negative and disaffected kids into R.E without even realising the religious stuff too much. We cover the topics of Art, Architecture, Music, Media and Literature. Have a look through the stuff and give it a thought.

3. deut

deut New commenter

We do full course AQA B units (Religion and Life Issues and Religion and Morality). The topics are great, really interesting.We deliver the course on one 50 minute lesson a week. We start after the Whitsun Half Term in Year 9 (when everything else is winding down) and squeeze in the PSHE after the short course exam in the May of Year 10. We then do a second short course in Year 11. Results are always very good and students,parents and SLT are really supportive.I try to be very organised and make everything available on Fronter. It works really well and we all enjoy teaching the courses.