1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Psych Spec A - social inf

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by kris101, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Dear colleagues,
    When I look at the spec it tells me 'explanations of independent behaviour, including locus of control' should be taught.
    When I cross reference it with the smaller spec change documents it says 'individual differences in independent behaviour has been deleted'
    I thought locus of control is an individual difference so not sure whether it is on or off the spec.
    Can anyone help?
    Many thanks
    Chris

2. anyone?

3. Locus of control is an individual difference but I believe that it is now off the spec.
    I'd check with the AQA Psychology Team though, just to be sure!

4. AQA A you no longer need to teach LOC.
    [​IMG]

5. http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2180-W-SP-12.PDF
    Page 8 of the new spec:
    "Explanations of independent behaviour, including locus of control, how people
    resist pressures to conform and resist pressures to obey authority"

6. Locus of control is still very much in the spec. You DO need to teach this to students still.

7. ela86

ela86 New commenter

Yes we are teaching LOC still for aqa spec a

8. Thank you everyone. I contacted AQA and it should still be taught - see below
    Further to our telephone conversation earlier, I have discussed your query with the Principal Examiner of PSYA2. She has reiterated that locus of control should be covered. The wording of the Summary of Changes document reflects the removal of the bullet point ‘the influence of individual differences on independent behaviour’. As you have mentioned, this has been incorporated into the first bullet point