1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA product design GCSE NEA themes.

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by dtbear, Aug 18, 2018.

1. dtbear

dtbear New commenter

What do people think of the three topics for the GCSE Product design course.
    Personally I think the helping developing countries is really hard. For the students at my school
    this is something which they would not able to research efectively or have much connection with the subject.
    I know of one independent school which will do lamps as usual and buy in touch sensitive switches
    for the disable theme .Great if you have the budget.

SDEllis64 likes this.
  2. Andrew66

Andrew66 New commenter

Before the change to the new 1-9 NEA, I was teaching Technology from a Graphic Products angle and I'm having problems with the rather vague NEA contexts. Does anyone out there have any ideas or examples of how they are approaching any of the three NEA's and, like most schools, I have a very limited budget. Thanks in advance.

3. thekitschsidekick

thekitschsidekick New commenter

We have a graphics stream and, for the most part, they are creating awareness raising/fundraising packs in association with a given charity. 2 in the product design group are making a portable water barrel, and water filtration system. Hope that helps!

4. JAMESJ15

JAMESJ15 New commenter

Healthy Lifestyles - could do a graphic product healthy bar or drink with a POS stand. Graphic product concept fitness device with Logo design

5. Andrew66

Andrew66 New commenter

Thanks to the both of you. That really helps.