1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA PErofmring Arts GCSE

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Noggins54, Apr 20, 2012.

1. I am being asked to start Performing Arts GCSE from Sept 2012 as I am teaching BTEC Music at the moment and the head is wanting to get rid of it despite its huge success. I have one year left of teaching and am concered about the amount of work I will need to put in. Also I will be the only teacher teaching it , so no Drama or Dance involved. Can it be taught in isolation from the other Arts subjects?

2. Hi there, I am doing the same thing from sept 2012 and am a bit in the dark too. I have been told you can teach from a mainly music perspective in terms of their final show piece but I think their portfolio needs to show they have looked at other areas. Obviously marketing is an easy one for us to teach and I'm planning on doing some bits of drama e.g. Freeze frame, monologue, mime, choral, pantomime etc but e rest will focus on composing and performing with listening used to introduce new genres of music. There is a keynote Course on leading a successful performing arts dept...
    http://keynoteeducational.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21_37&products_id=1838&osCsid=6292449a8bfc09d072b2714b48b442a4

I'm going to ask to go on that and hopefully some people there will do AQA perf arts and know how it could work from a 90% music point of view. I'll let you know if I get anything useful in the coming months. Maybe we could come up with some SoW together? I'm based in north east...
    Good luck! Bel.