1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA P1, 20/1/2012

Discussion in 'Science' started by myorangecrush, Jan 20, 2012.

1. myorangecrush

myorangecrush New commenter

What, did people think of P1 paper then?
    I though the question on specific heat capacity where they had to rearrange the equation was tough, and it was a good job I noticed there was a question on the back of the paper, as there normally isn't.
    The question on the two light bulbs, where they had to have spotted the one line saying that the power was the same, so they could use the value they'd just calculated was tough as well.
    I think my pupils big downfall will be they haven't used enough technical language.

2. myorangecrush

myorangecrush New commenter

What, did people think of P1 paper then?
    I though the question on specific heat capacity where they had to rearrange the equation was tough, and it was a good job I noticed there was a question on the back of the paper, as there normally isn't.
    The question on the two light bulbs, where they had to have spotted the one line saying that the power was the same, so they could use the value they'd just calculated was tough as well.
    I think my pupils big downfall will be they haven't used enough technical language.