1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA or Edexcel?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by Larissa85, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Larissa85

Larissa85 New commenter

Hi All

I'm currently researching into the new 9-1 Science GCSEs and am thinking of switching from Edexcel to AQA before we start teaching in Sept 2016. After trawling through their sample material etc, I feel like I prefer Edexcel for a multitude of reasons, but AQA seem to offer two advantages- their exams papers (particularly the foundation tier) seem to be more accessible, and they have a wider range of publishers creating resources/textbooks and hence there is more choice. I wondered what other peoples' opinions are, whether people have any preference to Edexcel or AQA, and why? Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated!

2. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

I've also been looking.
    As far as I'm concerned there's no substantive difference between them.

3. Futureleader

Futureleader Occasional commenter

We have changed from Edexcel to AQA as we prefer the way AQA have been in the past. Historically we have had a better deal with AQA. At one point AQA had about 90% of the GCSE Science market share - so safety in numbers is our thinking. We started teaching the new AQA course in Sept 2015 so the fact that AQA had more information first also helped. Good luck.