1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA or Edexcel GCSE?

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by JesstarB, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Having worked with both exam boards (as teacher and moderator) both have their flaws but I would opt for Edexcel over and above AQA every time, AQA have a very old fashioned view, Edexcel are more forward thinking and their assessment and moderation process is simple and straightforward! Also they respect the fact that you are the client and are paying for their services, AQA seem to think they are the ones doing you a favour!

2. i agree, not enough support from AQA this year, too vague.

3. Anyone have any views on where OCR fir into the picture?

4. southerngirlupnorth

southerngirlupnorth New commenter

Thanks everyone, seems quite clear from your views, Edexcel it is. I have to say the Btec mods were not always the most friendly and have been a bit contradictory about paperwork requirements but for GCSE they do sound better.

5. Hi,
    I'm pleased that we get your votes and at reading some of the lovely comments. I'm sorry that I've only just seen this now. I am the Subject Advisor for Art and Design at Edexcel, General Qualifications and BTECs so if you need any advice at all please contact me at art&designsubjectadvisor@edexcelexperts.co.uk
    You can also follow me on twitter @ArtDesignAdv - I also recomment @theartcriminal and @schoolduggery @LBNSEAD
    There are some great Networks in the North so if you are interested get in touch.
    Best wishes,
    Susan
    Susan Young, Subject Advisor Art & Design, Edexcel, London