1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Music GCSE - Unit 2 question!

Discussion in 'Music' started by CrazyNQT2006, May 24, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I have taken over the Year 10 Music GCSE class at my school since the departure of a collegue earlier this year. I am a little confused as the previous teacher had told me that it was Western Classical Tradition for the focus for Unit 2 composition for the year 10 class, but looking in the spec it says the focus for 2012 is Popular Music.
    Which one is it, as I am now having a panic they are doing the wrong thing!!! They started the course in 2010 for examination in 2012!

Many thanks,
    Crazy

2. Hi,
    I have taken over the Year 10 Music GCSE class at my school since the departure of a collegue earlier this year. I am a little confused as the previous teacher had told me that it was Western Classical Tradition for the focus for Unit 2 composition for the year 10 class, but looking in the spec it says the focus for 2012 is Popular Music.
    Which one is it, as I am now having a panic they are doing the wrong thing!!! They started the course in 2010 for examination in 2012!

Many thanks,
    Crazy

3. Pinoir

Pinoir New commenter

For the current yr 10s going in to yr 11 the strand for Unit 2 is Pop music.
    The Unit 2s being marked at the moment had Western classical as the focus but it changes every year.