1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA MODERATION 2015

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by cake4tea, Jun 15, 2015.

1. cake4tea

cake4tea New commenter

I hear on the grapevine that team leaders for AQA English moderation have been given extra time due to difficulties with poorly trained moderators, among other things. It must be serious as this concertinas all the AQA deadlines further down the road. Does anybody know whether a similar situation has arisen in MFL?

2. Malaguena

Malaguena New commenter

Well, our speaking sample got "lost" by AQA - apparently the moderator originally signed up backed out and then AQA had to scramble to find another one and our sample was lost along the way. I had heard, no idea where from or if true, that AQA had lost nearly 40 MFL moderators this year. I guess the pay is **** - I marked one of the exams and it took me 2 weekends to mark 1300 part papers ( 8 questions) for the princely sum of £220!

3. nicktheteacher

nicktheteacher New commenter

I refused to moderate this year after loads of issues with it last year. I'm not surprised they have lost a load of moderators

4. I applied to be an examiner / moderator and haven't heard a thing. They can't be that desperate!!!

5. matador

matador New commenter

I applied too but also didn't hear anything - I'd done it before and been given good gradings on my performance.