1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Media studies - prelim material

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by big_mean_bunny, May 12, 2014.

1. Mr_X

Mr_X New commenter

2. Chikin79

Chikin79 New commenter

Cheers Mr X.

I thought I would upload mine too. More for the lower ability students so left out some of the more detailed stuff such as VAL on this version . If possible would love some feedback to see if I am going in the right direction...

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/.../Media%20Studies%20Revision.pdf

Cheers

Craig

3. Hi,

I pretty much agree with the Mr. x also. We have mainly focussed on websites and tv trailers for the production. Q3 does have me a little perplexed though. My kids are worried about repetition if they ask for the pitch in one question and then why it will be successful in the next. Won't they already be saying this in the pitch. Could the production question possibly be Q3 and then Q4 being explain your storyboard/website(ie how does it appeal? Etc). Has this happened before? Teaching this again for the first time in 5 years and things have changed. I was also wondering about the timings that you had suggested to students. The questions are equally weighted but do you think they need more time for he production?

4. Fidgetrainbowtree

Fidgetrainbowtree New commenter

How are we all feeling about tomorrow? We HAVE been focusing on a storyboard but I've prepared them for a games box cover OR a website. I think that would be throwing us a horrible curve-ball though.

I've been quietly confident about it but I just know that our kids are so exhausted that they have almost left this to the last minute and are going to be running to me crying at the end of the exam.

I just hope there isn't a repeat of last year where two questions seemed horribly similar.

5. Chikin79

Chikin79 New commenter

Yes Im kind of relaxed in the fact the brief is not to complex but then on the other hand if they throw that curve ball the whole thing goes pear shaped. Well on the plus side 11am and its all finished!!

6. Good luck everyone!! :)