1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Media Studies GCSE single award - first time teaching advice?

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by genb79, Jul 25, 2011.

1. genb79

genb79 New commenter

Hello
    In September I am teaching GCSE Media Studies for the first time. I will be the only one in the school teaching it. I was wondering if:
    • anyone has any general advice?
    • anyone has any planning that they would be willing to share? (e.g. long term plan, schemes of work..)
    Any help/advise is much appreciated - I have already looked through the materials on the AQA website but I'm still lacking confidence!
    Thanks
    Gen
    genb79@hotmail.co.uk

2. I would go straight to MediaEdusites.co.uk They have HEAPS on the AQA GCSE and are uploading new stuff all the timne. You can see stuff before you subscribe now. It doesn't cost much and you know you are getting all the materials you need. Also if you write some interesting stuff on their blog, you might win a FREE training/ revision session too.

Nice one!

Good luck!

3. ThereAreBunniesInMyHead

ThereAreBunniesInMyHead Occasional commenter

Have you deciced yet, or been told, which tasks you are going to do from the coursework assignment banks? Let me know and I will see if there's any suggestions I can make?