1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Media GCSE Unit one - Crime Drama

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by angel21, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Hi,

has anyone got any resources for the above- we are teaching the single award for the first time this year.

Thanks
    aim_fireuk@yahoo.com

2. Cor blimey this is a bit premature. Take a breath and enjoy the hols.

3. Hi,
    I just need to know whether I have got this right. I am planning the work for an NQT who will deliver to Y11s.

Do we start with Key concepts, than applt to Crime Drama. After this, do we move onto the assignments from the assignment banks?

Any support much appreciated:

aim_fireuk@yahoo.com

4. AQA have released a text book for Crime Drama, although it depends on how desperate you are. It costs £20 and, if you ask me, is a total rip off. They should be providing these resources free of charge for a spec which changes every year.

Anyway, look on Amazon, it's on there.

5. lizgaskell

lizgaskell New commenter

Hi angel21
    Is this AQA?
    I usually do the assignments first.
    Perhaps teach an intro/key concepts then crack on with the assignments. By the time you get to assignment thre (all 4 Key Concepts) they will then, in theory, have an idea and then teach each one again but with a focus on Crime Drama.
    Nearer the time there will be loads of stuff available. Have they done their Controlled Assessment?
    Liz

6. Go straight to http://media.edusites.co.uk

All is on there, including interactive quizzes, history etc etc... particularly good if you are new or just want to teach at a high level, without 'death by worksheets'

If still unsure, just post a comment on their blog ( you can follow links from the web page)

Good luck!

7. Brilliant, thanks a lot for your help!