1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA inspirational head of MFL course - Anyone been on it?

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by JollyR, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Hi
    About to take on my SMT to extract the money to get on this course. Just taken over as acting Head of MFL for a maternity leave with no experience at all and feel I could do with some direction. However before I do this, has anyone been on this course and does it live up to what it promises?
    many thanks
    J

2. I've done part one of Inspirational DT course, part two is Tuesday. Can't say I learned anything I didn't already know during the first session (I have been HOD for a couple of years now), but it made me think and sort out a few issues I had and put me on track to resolve them.

3. Great, I'm totally new to this game so I'll take that as a positive!

4. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Jolly, is it the two day course that costs 500 quid? It's quite steep and I'm trying to brace myself to ask for it (it represents 25% of my budget!), particularly unlikely as the Saturday course is on the same day as our open day...

5. Kleeblatt

Kleeblatt New commenter

I went on the course and got a lot out of it. I ended up going to 2 different venues (London and Manchester) because of other things I needed to do on 2nd London day. The london day was excellent - I came out feeling inspired and raring to go. The Manchester day was a little less enjoyable and useful - but I put this down to some of the other people there!! You get A LOT of materials and some really useful advice. I would recommend.