1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA INFO1 Paper Jan 2012

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by sydbarrett, Apr 17, 2012.

1. 6c) Describe how you could have identified the skills of the user (s) of your solution and justify why this would be suitable. (6 marks)

How would you answer this? Just got some scripts back and AQA have left me slightly "confused".

2. kav

kav New commenter

I would identify the skills by a) interviewing the users, b) giving them a questionnaire, c) giving them an online test

Justify after that...

3. I agree - the question is related to investigative techniques and they should have evidence in their Analysis of where they did this

4. ......................and we wonder why in droves students no longer want to study IT !

5. cmon, Ducros; designing questionnaires and collating / analysing results has been on specs for years and I know loads of kids who love it.

6. thanks for your responses on this.
    would you have given marks to a student who "observed" the user working?

7. madcat

madcat Occasional commenter

A long, long time ago,, when I worked at a large car factory, my job was to be "computerised".
    That is exactly how the systems people documented my role - by observation.
    So yes your student should get marks,
    But do remember that this is AQA - they will probably only get the mark if their surname begins with a Q and there is an X in the month