1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA German papers 7th June

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by ks323, Jun 8, 2017.

1. ks323

ks323 New commenter

Hi, any thoughts on the German listening and reading papers yesterday? Foundation students seem to think listening was ok but the longer reading questions quite tricky. Both Higher papers seemed to be more difficult than previous years...

2. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

The last question on the foundation reading paper was particularly difficult. I would think the better students would get 1 out of 4 of those marks. Our higher level candidates said both papers were challenging, but they think they managed to work out the answers. As they are the best candidates we have had in years (straight A* across all skills), it would indicate that the papers were difficult. I was expecting hard papers this year and so erred on the side of safety when entering pupils for either foundation or higher.

3. ks323

ks323 New commenter

We had exactly the same conversation about the last foundation question - much too difficult for the level i would expect in a foundation paper and all the past papers we have done! A lot of our higher said the listening was ok but I fear they may have fallen into some of the horrible traps! I thought the question describing family members was particularly difficult. To me they felt completely different to all the other papers we have done from the last however many years. I wonder what the grade boundaries will be like...hopefully kind! Also wondering about the marking of the controlled assessment writing tasks now too!