1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE Written Paper Unit 1 Section A

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by AlliFoz, Mar 7, 2011.

1. I have recently returned after maternity leave to a completely un-prepared and demotivated group of year 11 pupils. I have not taught the new GCSE spec until my return but I am hoping that I can kill two birds with one stone. Am I able to write about the scripted piece (Acting-Option 2) that the pupils are showing to the moderator for Unit 1 Section A? The pupils are working on 'My Mother Said I never should' for their moderator assessment and I am hoping that they can talk about this for Section A also as it would really help me with the time I have available.
    I am aware that they need to talk about a completely different play that they have studied and workshopped in more detail for Unit 1 Section B.

Advice needed please.

2. They can write about any practical work for Section A. So the most recent moderated one is ideal. Section B is quite a toughy if June 2010 is anything to go by. I will most probably encourage my students to do A and C.

Hope that helps.

Hope the moderation goes well.

3. I agree do section A on the play and then section C for a theatre visit. If they haven't already gone to see something I have a really good resource I picked up on a course for the students to complete when viewing a picee of live theatre.

4. Thank you for the advice. My HOD is doing section B with them so I only have to cover section A.

5. Hello,
    Saw the above, I'd really apppreciate the review resource. I am however concerned about GCSE students being disallowed from taking notes into the exam
    Many Thanks