1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE unit2 controlled assessment - evaluation of others' use of ICT

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by WhitbyWendy, Mar 12, 2011.

1. My students are currently working on this unit 2 controlled assessment for task 1 (database of students working on a year book). For 6 marks students have to "evaluate the effectiveness of the ICT solution of another student's completed work".
    Can anyone clarify this further for me, ahead of contacting AQA direct next week, and answer my questions? The training day I was due to go on got cancelled so I only have the paperwork and I can't find anything in that.
    1. Does every student have to have a different piece of work to evaluate i.e. effectively pass work to the next person so all pieces of work get evaluated?
    2. Can they all have the same piece of work to evaluate e.g. choose one of the better pieces of work and let them all use that? Or just use 2 or 3 of them as good examples?
    3. Does the work have to be from a student within the class or can the teacher make a similar solution but with some additional features e.g. a switchboard so that there is something they can see and could comment on as being an improvement to their own work?
    4. How does an A* student with a well designed solution evaluate an inferior piece of work and manage to make comments on it that could help improve the quality of their own work?
    Many Thanks