1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE Religious Studies

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by SophMP789, Jun 3, 2017.

1. SophMP789

SophMP789 New commenter

Hi, I have just taken over teaching GCSE RE, I will being teaching after half-term. I was looking for some advice on teaching component 2 - the previous teacher taught Relationships and families from a Christian perspective, then Relationships and families from the Buddhist perspective - however, looking at the questions I wondered if it would be better to teach each section of the theme from both perspectives at the same time so students get used to comparing and contrasting the different religious views on each section (e.g contraception and family planning.) Thanks :)

2. Charliebgood

Charliebgood New commenter

Hi.the previous way sounds like a very time consuming way of doing the themes. What about teaching the four themes from one religion and looking at diversity of action and belief within that religion. Only the three contrasting topics highlighted at the start of each section of the specification need a Christian angle for the ... contrasting in contemporary British society question if it comes up. Any other diversity question you can use diversity within that same religion. Choice here considering what has already been taught would be all the themes from the Christian perspective covering two denominations for topics that have diversity of belief and no buddhism at all... or all the themes from the Buddhist perspective and just dipping into christianity for the three highlighted topics e.g in theme A contraception, sex before marriage and homosexual relationships.