1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE Religion and Citizenship

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by HMSE, Sep 5, 2012.

1. HMSE

HMSE New commenter

Does anyone else have experience of this course? Am just starting out teaching it and wondered of anyone had any good ideas how to progress with it, aprt from the AQA textbook? Am following the SOW set by AQA. Thanks for any help.

2. Hi I teach a course loosely based on this. We do AQA spec A for GCSE. I find it essential the students learn the key terms and I find for and against charts really helpful for students to get a sense of how to answer essay questions. My main criticism of the textbook is the religious in put is incredibly vague.

Maybe if you ask more specific questions I could help more.

3. Hi,

I've been teaching this course for two years now. Plenty of resources. I'll setup a dropbox link full of the best one's for you tomorrow morning.

4. Hi,

Have a look at the folder below (let me know if it doesn't work). There is a small selection of resources here...
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lyy428a9y7mu6go/tNSOgWz4Sp

I'd also recommend using the Christian Aid, Amnesty International, Samaritans, Childline (NSPCC), CAB, Society for the Protection of the Unborn Children and Abortion RIghts websites. There are lots of teacher friendly resources there.

If you want any further advice on particular lessons or the exam spec then send me an email: harrisa29@leedslearning.net