1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE performing arts - doing music

Discussion in 'Music' started by saggi nag, Jun 10, 2011.

1. I've done exactly the same thing - dropped BTEC in favour of GCSE PA. It looks very interesting and I thought the portfolio stuff would be similar to the gathering of evidence in BTEC. I've got a real mixed bag starting next week (our new year starts then - yes!) and although I'm dreading it I am also really looking forward to it.

We've stuck also with GCSE Music for the students who are able musically although numbers aren't great, around 10.

Haven't seen a course for PA except a behaviour one?

Saggi

2. Pod any of you have any SoW I could look at or even just general ideas for the course? I'm starting it in sept 2012 from BTEC Music and don't really know what I'm doing. Other than the showcase performance being a bit of a talent show how would you do it just with music only? I looked at the AQA site and in the feedback section they said the talent show style performances scored the worst. I would really like to see the video of a showcase that scored highly so I know where we're aiming. Also, in the portfolio if they havent looked at drama styles and dance styles do they pick up as many marks if theyrpve Bly looked at music?
    Am quite worried that I have bitten off more than I can chew with this one now.... Any help from those who have gone before me? Cheers, Bel.