1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE Performance Queries

Discussion in 'Music' started by princess_moose, Sep 14, 2011.

1. I have a student who wants to perform a song with both singing and rapping in, with 2 other friends of his, but would this be allowed as a solo or would it have to class as an ensemble?
    He has another piece with a bigger group he wants to perform and I read the spec where it says 'solo' can mean a substantial solo part, however this is the first time I have taught GCSE on my own so wondered if anyone else has done this?
    What do people record performances on? I have an EDIROL recording device and wondered if that would be ok? Thanks

2. I have a student who wants to perform a song with both singing and rapping in, with 2 other friends of his, but would this be allowed as a solo or would it have to class as an ensemble?
    He has another piece with a bigger group he wants to perform and I read the spec where it says 'solo' can mean a substantial solo part, however this is the first time I have taught GCSE on my own so wondered if anyone else has done this?
    What do people record performances on? I have an EDIROL recording device and wondered if that would be ok? Thanks