1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE Paper 2 Cluster 2 question

Discussion in 'English' started by siolae, May 19, 2011.

1. Did anyone else think the question was really horrible, particularly for foundation kids, and a lot harder than the cluster 1 question? A lot of ours were thrown by it, given that it was about feelings from the past and most of Hurricane is in present tense. Having spent yesterday afternoon mopping up a lot of tears am thinking of submitting a complaint.

2. Did anyone else think the question was really horrible, particularly for foundation kids, and a lot harder than the cluster 1 question? A lot of ours were thrown by it, given that it was about feelings from the past and most of Hurricane is in present tense. Having spent yesterday afternoon mopping up a lot of tears am thinking of submitting a complaint.

3. EmmaBB

EmmaBB New commenter

Nope, my foundation kids were really positive and delighted it wasn't This Room or other said tough poem like January. They compared with Presents and seemingly it went well.
    I thought it was a pretty fair paper all in all although I'd hate to be marking P2 with the last writing task - person you admire or similar. "I admire my mum because..." yawn...

4. I haven't seen the paper. Do you remember what any of the other writing tasks were? I'd love to know. Thanks.

5. jonkers

jonkers New commenter

My daughter, predicted A*, and all her top set friends, thought it was awful. They felt it was badly worded and asking for something that just wasn't there. She said she was very tempted to answer the cluster 1 question even though she hadn't studied those poems!