1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE Music Advice please? x

Discussion in 'Music' started by nataliemusic, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Dear all, Looking at the new Candidate Record Forms for Unit 4 and the 'To be completed by the teacher part' there is a question that states 'Details of help and assistance given in the final recording of the composition'. Teachers are allowed to record the compositions so I just need advice on what other teachers have written to answer that question? Thanks Natalie

2. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Are you sure that is the case? The spec for Unit 4 says that "Teachers may help with the research and preparation of the composition but the final presented work must be the work of the candidate."
    I have never taught AQA, so this might be a complete red herring, but in cases of dispute the specification is always regarded as the definitive document.

3. Hi there, I hear what your saying but it also states:-Candidates may work with others but the final completed composition must be the individual work of the candidate. In practice, this means that candidates may work with other musicians
    in producing the recording, but the score will be entirely their own work.

Nataliemusic

4. I've always seen 'working with others' as meaning that you can ask a drummer to play your drum part if you can't or asking a better singer than you to record your vocal line, not get your teacher to record the whole thing for you. Perhaps I'm wrong though!?!

5. I called the exam board and the recording does not get marked so it's ok.