1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE Moderation Sample

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by Lizzieinhouston, May 10, 2012.

1. Hi Everyone
    Just a quick question.....
    How are the moderation samples for AQA picked?? I know I will get a list from the moderator back once I have sent my marks off, but how is it decided which student's work will get looked at?
    Thanks!

2. Hi Everyone
    Just a quick question.....
    How are the moderation samples for AQA picked?? I know I will get a list from the moderator back once I have sent my marks off, but how is it decided which student's work will get looked at?
    Thanks!

3. Lottes

Lottes New commenter

If it's the same as OCR (I imagine it is) they select the top and bottom candidate, ones around each grade boundary, if several students are on the same mark they will select a couple from these bunched marks to check consistency, sometimes mid-boundary, and sometimes they are asked to collect work on a particular mark, so they will select that also. Moderators should also ensure students are selected from all groups, if there's more than one yr11 class, to check for cross moderation and consistency again.