1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE Moderation - help!

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by katieroberts84, Apr 8, 2012.

1. I'm about to go through my first GCSE moderation as a NQT HoD and I was wondering if anyone could help by telling me whether or not it is essential that the moderated mark goes forward for the final grade? Some of my students have slacked off a little recently and so I am scared that they won't do as well in this moderated unit as in previous units.

If anyone could let me know I would be most grateful!

Thank you!

2. I'm about to go through my first GCSE moderation as a NQT HoD and I was wondering if anyone could help by telling me whether or not it is essential that the moderated mark goes forward for the final grade? Some of my students have slacked off a little recently and so I am scared that they won't do as well in this moderated unit as in previous units.

If anyone could let me know I would be most grateful!

Thank you!

3. I'm assuming AQA. No. Once you have been moderated any of the marks previously gained by the candidates can go forward. It is not uncommon for students to gain a higher mark in a previous piece of work than was attained at moderation. Remember it is the accuracy of your marking that is being moderated not the individual marks of students.