1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE Media

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by 3raser, Sep 28, 2015.

1. 3raser

3raser New commenter

Good Evening.

This is my 2nd year teaching AQA GCSE Media Studies. However this year will be my first Y11 cohort.

I am just wondering if anyone has any good examples of pupils work particularly A*/A?

The assignments I am teaching are:
    1. Magazines
    2. Music promotion
    3. Moving image - horror trailers.

I taught the BTEC Media qualification for many years beforehand and I had very successful results but I want to check my marking for this course.

Thank you

2. emilylime

emilylime New commenter

Hi, if you get an e-aqa password and login, there are lots of examples in there from standardisation material. I have some examples I could message you but they are for slightly different topics - might still be of some use though. Message me if you would like to share.
    Emily

3. lizgaskell

lizgaskell Occasional commenter

I was going to say the same as above!
    We have just received some ready made Zig Zag mock papers, including mark scheme and exemplars for the exam and they look good to be honest. Expensive though. We have ordered the texhing pack too but not arrived yet.
    Liz

4. br0wnsugar

br0wnsugar Occasional commenter

I'm teaching AQA Media, single award, to year 9s this year and following the SOW/Overview for last two years - does anyone else teach this syllabus and tell me what the year's assignments are? I haven't had much help from HOD and the previous teacher has other responsibilities so unable to guide. I have started with 'Advertising' but no idea about assignments 2 and 3 for this single award. I am aware there is an exam June 2016; and this changes each year, so I am told. I have contacted AQA and looked on their web site but nothing is really clear. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

5. MrPuss

MrPuss New commenter

I'm not going to buy ZigZag for the exam this year, I've bought them for the last few years and ended up re-writing them myself. Very expensive for what they are. I also had a conversation with someone who claimed to have written one pack and she did not inspire confidence TBH.