1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

aqa gcse media studies -unit 3 exploring media industries

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by vjo38, Sep 7, 2010.

1. this is a bit of an ask , but i would be grateful for some help . i am teaching this for the first time and really struggling as i am teaching abroad and have no access to training . also resources at my school are limited . has anyone got a scheme of work i could have on two media institutions to use ? i would be very grateful .
    in anticipation

2. As of yet, I don't have a scheme and I'm looking at getting one done at the weekend, I've been putting it off since July as it seems a huge task to do but as soon as I have one I'd be happy to share resources. If you let me know your email address then I'll send anything I do for you!?

3. Is there any chance I could be cheeky and ask for a copy of the resources you make? I haveno background in media so am floundering somewhat with this unit! I in return will share anything I create! [​IMG]

4. Hi Tegfan,
    How is the MEST 3 scheme coming along? I have no idea where to start with this and as there are no courses being run I'm panicking a bit!!! If you've made a start I'd really appreciate some ideas and will be happy to trade anything else in return. Thanks.

5. Hi Tefgan, I've got a class in about half hour. Group of year 11's lazy lot. Can you teach them for me?

6. Although not a scheme, there is a lot of info on AQA's website. You might also want to contact your AQA advisor (if your out of the country, send a message to AQA's GCSE Media Studies office and they will put you in touch with the right person.

7. Hi,

I'm really sorry about not getting back to people. I've not had any internet or computer since moving house so been a media teacher teaching without any computer...nightmare!!

I have ended up winging as much as I can in the best possible way using some resources sent to me from AQA. Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner. As the_man says if you contact AQA they always send you something if you ask for it as at the end of the day they don't want everyone to fail. Try the channel four website too as they're really good.
    I've basically studied the scheme and used the example exam to structure my teaching!!
    Sorry not been able to help more but our school have got a new head so we're all up the swanny and waiting ofsted!!!