1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE Media Exam topics 2013 and 2014

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by ThereAreBunniesInMyHead, Feb 14, 2011.

1. ThereAreBunniesInMyHead

ThereAreBunniesInMyHead Occasional commenter

Thought you all might be interested to know that I was at an AQA meeting today in London and they announced the controlled test exam topics for 2013 and 2014!

So the next 4 years goes as follows

2011: Action Adventure Films
    2012: TV Crime Drama
    2013: Music Print and Online Press
    2014: Computer Games

x

2. In response to the above post AQA would like to stress that the 2013 and 2014 topics have not been released. They are currently under discusssion and it was premature for them to be announced at the AQA meeting on 14 February. For this we apologise. When the topics have been finalised they will be posted on the AQA website.
    On behalf of AQA Media Studies Department

3. That sounds about right for AQA!

4. MrPuss

MrPuss New commenter

hahaha [​IMG]
    Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...

5. ThereAreBunniesInMyHead

Bloody brilliant.. This is despite the fact that I have Year 9's doing Media over 3 years instead of 2 and I mentioned in the meeting that i needed to know when we were going to find out the 2013 topic as I didnt want our coursework to clash with the exam topic.. We've already done 1 coursework assignment and just have our fingers crossed it doesnt clash. We are starting the 2nd assignment after half term and have planned all the lessons based on the topics we were told in that meeting by AQA themselves! UN FRICKIN BELIEVABLE... How on EARTH can they do an official announcement in a meeting to over 30 teachers and then turn around and say nothing is confirmed yet?!!!!

6. MrPuss

MrPuss New commenter

I refer the honourable lady to the posting I left several months ago regarding coursework asignments and the new specification.
    Thirty plus Media Studies teachers left the AQA new spec. briefing absolutely certain that the assignments that they used for the old spec. could be tweaked and adapted easily for the new spec. only to be told six months later that that was completely untrue. "What us, noooooo, we didn't say that, not us, guv!"
    Arrange these words: ****-up Brewery in a
    [​IMG]

7. ThereAreBunniesInMyHead

<h3 style="margin:auto 0cm;"><font face="Times New Roman">According to the AQA website they HAVE now confirmed GCSE exam topics for the next 4 years! Finally...</font></h3>The June 2011 topic for Unit 1 is Action Adventure
    The June 2012 topic for Unit 1 is Television Crime Drama.
    The June 2013 topic for Unit 1 is The Music Press: Print and Online.
    The June 2014 topic for Unit 1 is Promotion and Marketing of Computer Games.
    The June 2015 topic for Unit 1 is Television News.